Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sonu on my mind

Sonu! Sonu! Sonu! Everyone was chanting Sonu Nigam's name in Allen Events Center. It was one magical evening when Sonu Nigam's voice filled the auditorium. My heart raced back to the times when he used to host Sa Re Ga Ma on Zee TV.  I believe it was somewhere in 1995s when he started hosting the singing talent show. I have been his ardent fan ever since then. Oh.... his awesome voice and what a charming host...!!!

Although initially he was looked upon as a "Rafi ki photocopy" he has left that image far far behind. I feel very honored to see how he has his own identity. I feel proud that I have been a witness to see him grow and prosper as a magnificent singer. I have always worshiped legends like Asha Bhosale, Lata Mangeshkar, Mohd. Rafi, Kishore Kumar, but never lived in the era when they were at the peak of their music career. But with Sonu Nigam, I can proudly say I have witnessed the rising curve of the musical career of this singing legend - started from a TV show host and still rising.

Watching Sonu Nigam perform live in concert, it was truly a blessed experience. He was so full of energy! And his stamina -OMG! He was all over the stage running and jumping and dancing when he did his peppy numbers and was so calm and serene when he sang sad ones!

I was in Sonu songs hangover for almost 2 weeks past the concert. One day it was sad ones like "Do Pal ka tha" from Veer Zaara, the other day it was "Zindagi maut na banjaye" from Sarfarosh. Other times it was tie for romantic ones like "In lamho ke" from Jodha Akbar or "Tumhi dekho na" from Kabhi alvida na kehna. List of his songs is never-ending.

Anyways, I do feel privileged to have watched Sonu perform live in concert twice in Dallas area. These are some happy musical memories which I felt like sharing and hence the tile - "Sonu on my mind".

No comments:

Post a Comment